What Does a School Counselor Do?
- Works with individuals and groups
- Encourages better student relationships
- Supports students’ academic progress
- Promotes positive attitudes and choices
- Maintains confidences
- Assists teachers and parents in helping choices
- Lends support to school, career, and personal plans
- Assists people in making use of community resources
School Counselors Assist Students in the Development of:
- One’s motivation to achieve
- Appropriate behavior skills
- Anti-victimization’s skills
- Coping skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Study skills
How does a Student See the Counselor?
- Parent referral
- Administrative referral
- Teacher referral
By clicking on a link below, you will be leaving the Conroe ISD website. If you use assistive technology and experience difficulty accessing the content on these webpages, please contact the counselor.